International Peer Reviewed Conference April 6 – 8, ICD University of Stuttgart
FABRICATE is a triennial international peer reviewed conference with supporting publication on the theme of Digital Fabrication.
With more than 520 attendees, 16 presentations selected from over 250 submissions, 4 industry talks, as well as a superb line-up of keynotes and session chairs, FABRICATE hosted by the ICD at the University of Stuttgart has been a great success. The conference presented the very best constructed projects and cutting-edge research in the context of computational design and digital fabrication by leading experts in academia and industry.
The supporting publication has already been downloaded by over 5,200 people from 102 countries. The book can be found as a hardcover or free pdf here: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ucl-press/browse-books/fabricate
High-res images of the conference days can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149371739@N02/albums
6. April – Welcome Reception (image credits: Heiko Stachel)
7. April – Conference Day One (image credits: Heiko Stachel)
8. April – Conference Day Two (image credits: Heiko Stachel)
- Carl Bass (President and CEO of Autodesk)
- Kengo Kuma (Architect and Professor of Architecture at the University of Tokyo)
- Antoine Picon (Professor of History in Architecture and Technology at Harvard Graduate School of Design)
- Monica Ponce de Leon (Architect and Dean of the School of Architecture at Princeton University)
- Jenny Sabin (Assistant Professor and Director of Graduate Studies at Cornell University)
- Philip Yuan (Professor of Architecture at Tongji University and Council member of the Architectural Society of China)
- Jan Knippers (Partner and co-founder of Knippers Helbig Advanced Engineering and director of the Institute of Building Structures and Structural Design at University of Stuttgart)
- Martin Bechthold (Professor of Architectural Technology at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, and co-director of the GSD’s Doctor of Design Program)
- 16 presentations selected from more than 250 submissions from 45 countries by researchers from leading universities (AA, ETH Zurich, Bartlett UCL, University of Michigan, University of Stuttgart, etc…) and renowned practices (Zaha Hadid Architects, Foster & Partners, etc…) as well as 4 industry talks from leading companies (Kuka, Arup, etc…).