International Peer Reviewed Conference
April 6 – 8, ICD University of Stuttgart
FABRICATE is a triennial international peer reviewed conference with supporting publication on the theme of Digital Fabrication. With 16 presentations selected from more than 250 submissions, as well as a superb line-up of keynotes and session chairs, FABRICATE promises to only present the very best constructed projects and cutting-edge research in the context of computational design and digital fabrication by leading experts in academia and industry. The event will be hosted by the Institute for Computational Design and Construction on April 6 – 8, 2017 at the University of Stuttgart.
- Carl Bass (President and CEO of Autodesk)
- Kengo Kuma (Architect and Professor of Architecture at the University of Tokyo)
- Antoine Picon (Professor of History in Architecture and Technology at Harvard Graduate School of Design)
- Monica Ponce de Leon (Architect and Dean of the School of Architecture at Princeton University)
- Jenny Sabin (Assistant Professor and Director of Graduate Studies at Cornell University)
- Philip Yuan (Professor of Architecture at Tongji University and Council member of the Architectural Society of China)
- Jan Knippers (Partner and co-founder of Knippers Helbig Advanced Engineering and director of the Institute of Building Structures and Structural Design at University of Stuttgart)
- Martin Bechthold (Professor of Architectural Technology at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, and co-director of the GSD’s Doctor of Design Program)
- 16 presentations selected from more than 250 submissions by researchers from leading universities (AA, ETH Zurich, Bartlett UCL, University of Michigan, University of Stuttgart, etc…) and renowned practices (Zaha Hadid Architects, Foster & Partners, etc…).
To see the full lineup of speakers and to register for the conference please visit http://www.fabricate2017.org.